About the event
The purpose of this training is to provide basic information on all medications approved by the FDA in the treatment of opioid use disorders.
This training will:
· Provide information on the history of MAT
· Provide the mechanisms of action for each medication and statistics and facts on the efficacy of MAT
· Provide guidance on the appropriate assessment of individuals interested in engaging in treatment with MAT
· Provide the regulatory landscape on use of MAT
· Debunk myths associated with MAT
· Discuss stigma of substance use disorders and MAT
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
· Differentiate between the 3 medications and how and why they are utilized
· Provide assessment and factual education that promote effective conversations with individuals
· Understand stigma
About the trainer
Tracey Nicolosi was most recently the Vice President of Addictions, Youth Residential, and Education at Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services (BILH BS). Prior to that position, she served as the Director of Quality Assurance and Licensing/State Opioid Treatment Authority for the Massachusetts Department of Public Health/Bureau of Substance Addiction Services. She holds an M.A. in Counseling Psychology from Lesley University and is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor with 20 years of experience treating individuals with mental health and substance use disorders. Tracey was also one of the 2019 recipients of the Nyswander/Dole Award, a national award in recognition of outstanding achievement in the treatment of individuals with opioid use disorder.